Resume and Application Guidelines
When applying for a job at the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI), applicants should include the specific information requested in the job vacancy announcement, plus the following:
- Position announcement number, title and grade(s) of the job.
- Full name and mailing address (including zip code).
- Social security number.
- Day and evening phone numbers (with area codes).
- Country of citizenship (most federal jobs require United States citizenship).
- Veterans' preference.
- Reinstatement eligibility (Attach a copy of your SF-50 for proof of your career or career-conditional status, if applicable.)
- Highest federal civilian grade held (also give job series and dates held).
- High school: name, city, state and zip code, plus date of diploma or GED.
- Colleges or universities: name, city, state and zip code, plus major and type and year of any degrees received.
(If no degree, show any credits earned, indicating semester or quarter hours.)
- A copy of your college transcript (if requested in the job vacancy announcement).
Provide the following information for paid and/or non-paid work experience related to the job for which you are applying:
- Job title (include series and grade if federal job)
- Employer's name and address
- Supervisor's name and phone number
- Starting and ending dates (month and year)
- Hours per week
- Duties and accomplishments
- Job-related training courses (title and year).
- Job-related skills (e.g., other languages, typing speed, computer software/hardware, tools, machinery, etc.).
- Job-related certificates and licenses (current only).
- Job-related honors, awards, special accomplishments (e.g., publications, memberships in professional or honor societies, leadership activities, public speaking and performance awards).
Last Reviewed: June 28, 2011