Planarian Genome Sequencing: Schmidtea mediterranea
The National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) currently supports a project aimed at producing a draft assembly of the genomic sequence of the planarian Schmidtea mediterranea. The genome will be sequenced to 6- to 8-fold sequence depth. The planarian sequencing project is being led by researchers at the Washington University (St. Louis) Genome Sequencing Center.
Genome Sequencing Whitepaper Proposal
- Schmidtea mediterranea (Submitted Feb. 2003)
To view this PDF you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Washington University (St. Louis) Genome Sequencing Center [genome.wustl.edu]
Sequence and Assembly
- Individual Sequence Reads
- NCBI Trace Archive [ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
- dbEST [ncbi.nlm.nih.gov] - Database of ESTs at NCBI
Last Reviewed: June 4, 2012