Information About NIH's Electronic Submission of Grant Applications
NIH has converted from the PHS 398 grant application form to the new Standard Form (SF) 424 Research and Research Related (R&R) data set. This requires electronic submission through Grants.gov.
- NOT-OD-10-042: Error-Correction Window Extended for Electronic Applications Intended for Submission Deadlines On and Between January 25 and May 7, 2010
Release Date: January 8, 2010
- For updates on the electronic submission of grant applications to the NIH, please visit Electronic Submission of Grant Applications [era.nih.gov].
In order to provide a secure environment in which to submit their applications, organizations must register with both:
- NIH eRA Commons, which allows NIH to receive applications submitted
through Grants.gov. It also provides a way for NIH and registered users to
communicate electronically after submission. and with Grants.gov.
- To become registered in the NIH eRA Commons, please go to: NIH eRA Commons [commons.era.nih.gov]
- For those applicant organizations still needing to register with Grants.gov, please go to: Grants.gov - Get Registered [grants.gov] to obtain registration information.
Applicant organizations and Principal Investigators are encouraged to prepare themselves by completing registration in both Grants.gov and the NIH eRA Commons now. It can take several weeks to fully complete the registration process so applicant organizations are encouraged to start early.
Additional information about electronic submission and NIH's new grant application forms can be found at Electronic Submission of Grant Applications [era.nih.gov].
If you have any questions about the process for registration or how to submit an electronic application to NIH, we have established a network of Institute and Center liaisons to serve as a local resource and first line of support for you on issues related to electronic receipt and the transition to the new application forms. Go to: Electronic Receipt Liaisons [inside.era.nih.gov]
NHGRI's liaison for this initiative is Bettie J. Graham. You may send your inquiries to her at: email@example.com.
Last Reviewed: February 23, 2012