Health Insurance and Employment: Reports and Publications
National Human Genome Research Institute
National Institutes of Health
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
Genetic Discrimination in Health Insurance and Employment: Reports and Publications
Related. relevant reports and publications regarding the issues of genetic discrimination in health insurance and employment.
To view the PDF on this page you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.
- Secretary's Advisory Comittee on Genetics, Health and Society [oba.od.nih.gov]
A listing of reports and correspondence from the Secretary's Advisory Comittee on Genetics, Health and Society (SACGHS), 2003-2004.
- Faces of Genetic Discrimination: How Genetic Discrimination Affects Real People [geneticalliance.org]
A July 2004 report from the National Partnership for Women & Families on behalf of the Coalition for Genetic Fairness.
- Genetic Information and the Workplace
A 1998 report by the Departments of Labor, Justice, Health and Human Services, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
- National Center for Genome Resources Survey, "Attitudes Toward Genetic Testing," March 4, 1998.
- Workshop on Genetic Discrimination and the Workplace: Implications for Employment, Insurance and Privacy
A 1996 workshop report by the Joint Ethical, Legal, and Social Implications Working Group and the National Action Plan on Breast Cancer.
- Workshop on Genetic Discrimination and Health Insurance
A 1995 workshop report by the Joint Ethical, Legal, and Social Implications Working Group and the National Action Plan on Breast Cancer.
- Genetic Information and Health Insurance
A 1993 Report by the Insurance Task Force of the Ethical, Legal, and Social Implications Program Working Group.
- Hudson, Kathy, et al. Genetic Discrimination and Health Insurance: An Urgent Need for Reform. Science, Vol. 270, 391-93. 1995. [PubMed]
- Rothenberg, Karen, et al, Genetic Information and the Workplace: Legislative Approaches and Policy Challenges. Science, Vol. 275, 1755-57. [PubMed] 1997.
Top of page
Last Updated: February 18, 2012