NHGRI Institutional Review Board
The NHGRI Institutional Review Board (IRB) has recently merged with the NHLBI IRB to form a new panel called "General Medicine IRB Panel #1." This IRB is responsible for protecting the rights and welfare of the human subjects of research protocols that are conducted by intramural investigators in NHGRI, NHLBI and a number of other institutes.
These Web pages contain forms, links, contacts and updated information for research teams who are submitting a research protocol to the IRB.
Information for Former Users of the NHGRI Institutional Review Board
- The NHGRI IRB has merged with the NHLBI IRB to form a new pilot IRB panel that will be referred to as "General Medicine #1."
- The other IC-based IRBs will also be reorganizing over the course of the next several months.
- The General Medicine IRB Panel #1 has begun using NIH iRIS as its protocol management system.
- PTMS is being phased out, and NHGRI will no longer use PTMS for IRB submissions.
- An archived version of PTMS will remain available to search for legacy protocol data
- The new IRB will meet weekly on most Tuesdays from 10:00 am - 12:00 noon. The first meeting of the new IRB is scheduled to be held on Tuesday, June 19, 2018. A full schedule of meetings is forthcoming.
- The old NHGRI IRB may hold a small number of additional meetings to complete actions that are in process in parallel with the new IRB.
A new website for the reorganized IRB system is under development. This page is intended to provide NHGRI Principal Investigators and research teams with quick access to the most relevant information and points of contact for the reorganized IRB and new IT system.
Last Updated: June 20, 2018