The Power of Comparison: Unleashing the Dog Genome
NHGRI Senior Investigator Dr. Elaine Ostrander explains how comparative genomics opens the door to understanding the human genome.
Additional Online Resources for Dr. Ostrander's Webcast
- Dr. Ostrander's Investigator Web Page
- Dog Genome Resources [ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
- Newshour Special for Students: Dogs May Lead Doctors to Discover Why People Get Cancer
- Comparative Genomics Fact Sheet
- Functional and Comparative Genomics Fact Sheet [ornl.gov]
- DNA Microarray Technology Fact Sheet
General Online Resources
- Talking Glossary of Genetic Terms
- Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
- Genetic Home Reference: Your Guide to Understanding Genetic Conditions [ghr.nlm.nih.gov]
About Our Webcasts
- Each webcast is about 15 minutes long.
- To view a webcast, click on the appropriate link based on your internet connection speed. A dial-up version is provided but the slides may not synchronize properly with the video. If this is a concern to you, please choose one of the download versions and run it from your local hard drive.
- Go here for Podcast help: RSS Feeds
- No permission is needed to view or duplicate any events broadcast by NHGRI.
Last Reviewed: November 15, 2012