The NHGRI Genome Sequencing Program (GSP)
Archived Meeting Reports and Workshop Summaries
- March 1, 2018: Human Genome Reference Sequence Opportunities webinar New
A web meeting to discuss the NHGRI-funded components of the Genome Reference Consortium (GRC), it's current activities and possible future scope.
- June 13, 2005: Workshop on the Future of the Large-Scale Sequencing Program
A workshop to obtain opinions from the scientific community on the current status and potential future directions of the NHGRI large-scale sequencing program.
- November 8-9, 2004: Long-Term Maintenance of Genome Sequence Assemblies
Human and Other Genomes (link to ) A workshop to explore possible models to ensure that the research community will continue to receive maximum benefit from the investment in whole genome sequences of human and other eukaryotic species, long after the sequences and annotations have entered the public domain.
- August 3-4, 2004: Workshop on Characterizing Human Genetic Variation
A workshop to discuss issues associated with the idea of resequencing the human genome of many additional people for the purpose of further characterizing human genetic variation.
- April 14-15, 2004: Exploring Cancer through Genomic Sequence Comparisons
A workshop held jointly by the National Cancer Institute and the National Human Genome Research Institute to assess the value of a project to catalogue all of the DNA sequence changes that occur in tumorigenesis.
- January 14-15, 2003: Sharing Data from Large-Scale Biological Research Projects: A System of Tripartite Responsibility [wellcome.ac.uk]
The Welcome Trust Fort Lauderdale Meeting. A meeting to discuss how pre-publication data release can promote the best interests of science and help to maximize the public benefit to be gained from research.
- July 9-10, 2001: Developing Guidelines for Choosing New Genomic Sequencing Targets
A workshop to discuss the opportunities available from comparative genome analysis using whole genome data sets, and develop a set of guidelines that investigators should address in their proposals.
- July 25, 2000: Trace Repository Workshop
A workshop to establish an archive for sequence traces from new projects, such as the sequencing of the mouse genome, and an archive for data already generated and archived at the centers as part of the human sequencing project.
- September 3-4, 1998: Large-Scale Sequencing Workshop
A strategy workshop for accelerated production of a 'rough draft' sequence of human DNA.
- May 1998: Statement on the Rapid Release of Genomic DNA Sequence [genome.org]
Notes from the meeting, and statement compiled by Mark Guyer
- December 18-19, 1997: Human DNA Sequencing Planning Workshop
A workshop to discuss the critical issues in large-scale sequencing that should be taken into account in formulating the next NHGRI five-year plan.
- February 27-March 2, 1997 and February 25-28, 1996: International Strategy Meetings on Human Genome Sequencing [ornl.gov] Wellcome Trust Bermuda Meetings. Meetings to establish and reaffirm principles to guide large-scale human genome sequencing research.
Top of page
Last Reviewed: May 9, 2018