NHGRI Institutional Review Board
Education and Training
Computer Based Training
NHGRI follows the policy set by NIH OHSRP (see NIH HRPP SOP 25 v.1 5-31-13 ) . Training records, requirements and access to required courses may be found at the OHSRP website: https://federation.nih.gov/ohsr/nih/investigator-training.php.
Other "just-in-time" courses through CITI are optional unless specifically requested by the IRB. PIs may elect to require their research staff to take specific "just-in-time" CITI courses when relevant to the content of their research.
Additional Helpful Documents
- A Few Answers to Questions You May Already Have About Training
- Roles and Qualifications of Investigators Related to SOP 19 [science.nichd.nih.gov]
For IRB Members
IRB Chairs, Vice-Chairs, and Members are required to attend:
- A scheduled IRB meeting
- IRB Member Orientation held by OHSRP
Contact OHSRP at 301-402-3444 to schedule this training.
- The NIH Clinical Research Training [crtnihtraining.com]
- The CITI Social and Behavioral Education Modules [federation.nih.gov]
- One of the following:
- NIAID Good Clinical Practice (GCP) Course [gcplearningcenter.niaid.nih.gov]
- CITI Good Clinical Practice for PIs [federation.nih.gov]
- The Ethical and Regulatory Aspects of Clinical Research course offered each fall by CC Bioethics [bioethics.nih.gov]
- The New IRB Member Online Training [federation.nih.gov]
To view the files on this page, you will need MS Word. A copy of Word Viewer can be downloaded for free.
Last Updated: September 23, 2013