The National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) solicits grant applications that relate to its scientific priorities and research interests. For some programs, the NHGRI participates with other Institutes and Centers (IC) at the National Institutes of Health (NIH). All NIH solicitations are published weekly as articles in the NIH Guide for Grants and Contracts [grants.nih.gov] and archived by date and announcement category. The archive can be browsed, or searched by keyword.
NHGRI welcomes innovative investigator-initiated applications and encourages investigators with novel ideas to discuss potential applications with program staff during the concept development stage of the application. Program staff members are very receptive to discussing your ideas and how they fit within the research mission of NHGRI.
Staff can be contacted at:
- Division of Genome Sciences
- Division of Genomic Medicine
- Division of Genomics and Society
- Divsion of Extramural Operations
Investigator-initiated research applications follow the NIH standard schedule [grants.nih.gov] for submission, review and award.
General Solicitations for Grant Applications
Program announcements (PA), which describe new, continuing, or expanded scientific priorities and program areas, follow the standard schedule for submission, review and award and are usually active for three years.
Program announcements with special receipt dates (PAR) provide their own submission schedules and are usually active for three years.
Request for Applications (RFA) describe an institute's or center's interest in receiving applications in specific area(s). These are usually one-time solicitations.
Funding Opportunities by Category
- Training and Career Development
- Minorities and Special Populations
- Ethical, Legal and Social Implications (ELSI)
- American Recovery and Reinvestment Act (ARRA)
Funding Opportunities by Program Area
- The NHGRI Genome Sequencing Program (GSP)
- Genetic Variation Program
- Genome Technology Program
- Functional Analysis Program
- Genome Informatics and Computational Biology Program
- Ethical, Legal and Social Implications (ELSI) Research Program
- Centers of Excellence in Genomic Science (CEGS)
- The ENCODE Project
- The modENCODE Project
- The Knockout Mouse Project
- The Cancer Genome Atlas
NHGRI Funding Opportunities E-Mail List
- NHGRI Funding Opportunities E-Mail List
A subscription listserv that announces PAs, RFAs and new policies that are specific to NHGRI grantees.
Last Updated: October 1, 2012