Education and Community Involvement Branch
The Education and Community Involvement Branch (ECIB) develops education and community involvement programs to engage a broad range of the public in understanding genomics and accompanying ethical, legal, and social issues. Education programs include those to inform the public of the latest advances in genomics, as well as to support the dissemination of information to teachers, students, and consumers.
The ECIB acts as a liaison between the NHGRI and community-based organizations. The branch leads programs and initiatives to promote the engagement of diverse communities in understanding genomics and its translation to health and society.
NHGRI Webinar Series
An audio series on topics related to genomics, health and society. A program created by the Education and Community Involvement Branch and hosted by the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) at the National Institutes of Health.
- USA Science and Engineering Festival
- Genetics and Education Fellowship
- NHGRI Summer Workshop in Genomics (Short Course)
- Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center (GARD)
- Initiatives and Resources Related to Minorities and Special Populations
- National DNA Day Education Program
- NCLR/IHH: Institute for Hispanic Health [nclr.org]
Educational Outreach Specialist
Program Support Assistant
National Human Genome Research Institute
National Institutes of Health
31 Center Drive
Building 31, Room B1B55
Bethesda, Maryland 20892-2070
Phone: (301) 402-7229
Fax: (301) 480-3066
Last Updated: June 10, 2014