Proteus Syndrome Announcement
Background materials are available, below, for the announcement of the discovery of the mutation that causes Proteus Syndrome. The findings are published in the July 27, 2011 early online edition of The New England Journal of Medicine.
- Proteus Syndrome Telebriefing
- Proteus Syndrome Telebriefing [MP3 - 8.5 MB]
- News Release: NIH researchers identify gene variant in Proteus syndrome
- Proteus Syndrome B-Roll Video Footage and Video Sound Bites
- A Mosaic Activating Mutation in AKT1 Associated with the Proteus Syndrome [nejm.org]
- Editorial: Hamartoma Syndromes, Exome Sequencing, and a Protean Puzzle [nejm.org]
- Spokespeople for the Proteus Syndrome Telebriefing
- Proteus Syndrome Backgrounder
- Proteus Syndrome FAQ
- Joseph Merrick Biography
- Information for Patients and Families:
Last Updated: February 27, 2013
Leave a Comment!
We encourage you to share your thoughts as they relate to the topics being discussed on genome.gov, other websites or discussion forums owned or administered by the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI). We review all comments for posting. We do not discriminate against any views, but we reserve the right not to post comments, or to remove comments, that are inconsistent with our Comment Policy, at our complete discretion.