Division of Genomic Medicine
Genomic Medicine Activities
As detailed in its 2011 Strategic Plan, NHGRI has been pursuing a number of activities in genomic medicine implementation. Links to NHGRI's current initiatives are listed below:
Inter-Society Coordinating Committee
The Inter-Society Coordinating Committee is a group of representatives from medical professional societies and NIH Institutes and Centers formed to enhance the practice of genomic medicine through sharing of educational approaches and joint identification of educational needs.
Notable Accomplishments in Genomic Medicine
A list of significant advances in the realm of genomic medicinefor 2011-2012, compiled by the NHGRI Genomic Medicine Working Group. The list is updated every month.
Genomic Medicine Meetings
NHGRI held a series of Genomic Medicine meetings gathering genomics researchers, clinicians, and other experts from over U.S. institutions involved with the implementation of genomic medicine programs. The goal of these meetings includes identifying research gaps and opportunities; sharing approaches to genomic medicine implementation, and facilitating development of an active research community and possible collaborative projects.
- Genomic Medicine VIII (June 8-9, 2015, Rockville, Md.)
- Genomic Medicine VII (October 2-3, 2014, North Bethesda, Md.)
- Genomic Medicine VI (January 8-9, 2014, Washington, D.C.)
- Genomic Medicine V (May 28-29, 2013, Bethesda, Md.)
- Genomic Medicine IV (January 28-29, 2013, Dallas, Texas)
- Genomic Medicine III (May 3-4, 2012, Chicago, Ill.)
- Genomic Medicine II (December 5-6, 2011, Bethesda, Md.)
- Genomic Medicine Symposium (June 29, 2011, Chicago, Ill.)
Relevant Funding Announcements in Genomic Medicine
NOT-MH-13-009: [grants.nih.gov] Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) for Dissemination and Implementation Research in Health (R01)
NHGRI Genomic Medicine Working Group
The NHGRI Genomic Medicine Working Group is a subcommittee of the National Advisory Council for Human Genome Research providing guidance to NHGRI on genomic medicine implementation.
Last Updated: May 19, 2015