CLINSEQ®: A Large-Scale Medical Sequencing Clinical Research Pilot Study
Forms for Upcoming Appointments
In order to prepare for your visit, we will send you a packet of materials to help you prepare for your visit. This packet contains information about how to get to the NIH campus via car, bus or Metro rail, campus security and parking, instructions and schedule for the day of your visit, and forms that you must complete prior to your visit. Below is a complete list of most of the forms you will receive, along with links to electronic copies of the forms if you wish to work on them prior to receiving your packet in the mail.
- Medical Intake Form
- Family History Form & Instructions
- Patient Handbook, including:
- i. Travel Instructions, Including NIH Security Information.
- ii. Checklist of Forms to Complete for your visit.
During your initial appointment, you will spend 4-5 hours at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, Maryland to complete this visit. The main parts of this visit are:
- Blood work: First, you will have approximately 6-7 tablespoons of blood taken. This blood is used for clinical and genetic testing.
- EKG, Echocardiogram and CT Scan: These are noninvasive tests that look at how your heart is working, including signs of heart disease.
- Consent: Our genetic counselor will review the consent form and answer any questions you have about study participation.
- Family & Medical History: Our genetic counselor and nurse practitioner will review and expand on these histories.
If you need to cancel or reschedule your visit, please contact our research assistant at 301-443-6160 at least 24 hours prior to your appointment.
Last Updated: June 13, 2014