Implementing Genomics in Practice (IGNITE)
Findings from the genomics field have slowly started to find applications in clinical care. The field of "genomic medicine" could potentially improve patient health and treatment strategies or better predict the likelihood of disease.
The Implementing Genomics in Practice (IGNITE) consortium (RFA-HG-12-006, RFA-HG-12-007 and RFA-HG-13-004) was created to enhance the use of genomic medicine by supporting the development of methods for incorporating genomic information into clinical care and exploration of the methods for effective implementation, diffusion and sustainability in diverse clinical settings.
These demonstration projects will incorporate genomic information into the electronic medical record (EMR) and provide clinical decision support (CDS) for implementation of appropriate interventions or clinical advice. The sites will work together to develop new methods and projects and disseminate their findings to the public. Dissemination of these methods and developing best practices for implementation is a key goal so that the information generated from the program will contribute to the growing knowledge base of using genomic information in patient care.
- Embedding Pharmacogenotyping in an Integrated Health System for the Underserved
Principal Investigator: David Flockhart, M.D, Ph.D., Indiana University
- Genomic Diagnosis and Personalized Therapy for Highly Penetrant Genetic Diabetes
Principal Investigator: Toni Pollin, Ph.D., University of Maryland
- Genomic Medicine Implementation: The Personalized Medicine Program (PMP)
Principal Investigator: Julie Johnson, Pharm.D., University of Florida
- Genomic Medicine Pilot for Hypertension and Kidney Disease in Primary Care
Principal Investigator: Erwin Bottinger, M.D., Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Implementation, Adoption, and Utility of Family History in Diverse Care Settings
Principal Investigator: Geoffrey Ginsburg, M.D., Ph.D., Duke University
- Integrated, Individuals, Intelligent Prescribing (I3P)
Principal Investigator: Joshua Denny, M.D., Vanderbilt University
IGNITE Network Site Locations
(Click on the map for a full pdf version of the image)
- Principal Investigator: Stephen Kimmel, M.D., M.S.C.E., University of Pennsylvania
Project Website at the University of Pennsylvania
- Implementing GeNomics In PracTicE (IGNITE) Network [rt5.cceb.med.upenn.edu]
Last Updated: October 28, 2014