Last updated: October 24, 2017
Genomics: Towards a Healthier You
Genomics: Towards a Healthier You features Barbara Biesecker, Ph.D., a genetic counselor at NHGRI. The webcast presents information on why genetics is important to health, plus information on genetic counseling as a career.
- Watch the video on YouTube
- Watch the video with slides (You will need RealPlayer installed. Download RealPlayer for free.)
Broadband (214Kps) | Dial-up (42Kps)
- Or download and play from your hard drive: High Resolution (20Mb) | Low Resolution (5Mb)
- Subscribe directly using your preferred podcasting tool:
Or, copy and paste this URL into your podcasting tool of choice: http://www.genome.gov/rss/podcasts.xml
Additional Online Resources for Barbara Biesecker's Webcast
- NIH Lifeworks Interview with Barb Biesecker [science-education.nih.gov]
- Overview of Genetic Counseling [ornl.gov]
- National Society of Genetic Counselors [nsgc.org]
- Genetic Counseling Training Programs [kumc.edu]
- Sickle Cell Disease Association of America [sicklecelldisease.org]
General Online Resources:
- Talking Glossary of Genetic Terms
- Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
- Genetic Home Reference: Your Guide to Understanding Genetic Conditions [ghr.nlm.nig.gov]
About Our Webcasts
- Each webcast is about 15 minutes long.
- To view a webcast, click on the appropriate link based on your internet connection speed. A dial-up version is provided but the slides may not synchronize properly with the video. If this is a concern to you, please choose one of the download versions and run it from your local hard drive.
- Go here for Podcast help: RSS Feeds
- No permission is needed to view or duplicate any events broadcast by NHGRI.