Last updated: November 15, 2012
The Genome Era: What It Means To You
Former NHGRI Director Francis S. Collins talks about the future of genomic research and the implications for health and disease.
Additional Online Resources for Dr. Collins' Webcast
- Human Genome Sequence Resources [ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]
- U.S. Surgeon General's Family History Initiative [hhs.gov]
- All About the Human Genome Project
- Learning About Progeria
- Ethical, Legal and Social Implications Program Fact Sheet
- Genetic Discrimination in Health Insurance Fact Sheet
General Online Resources:
- Talking Glossary of Genetic Terms
- Genetic and Rare Diseases Information Center
- Genetic Home Reference: Your Guide to Understanding Genetic Conditions [ghr.nlm.nih.gov]
About Our Webcasts
- Each webcast is about 15 minutes long.
- To view a webcast, click on the appropriate link based on your internet connection speed. A dial-up version is provided but the slides may not synchronize properly with the video. If this is a concern to you, please choose one of the download versions and run it from your local hard drive.
- Go here for Podcast help: RSS Feeds
- No permission is needed to view or duplicate any events broadcast by NHGRI.