Last updated: March 19, 2012
2007 Pigment Cell Development Workshop
Oddi, Room 101
June 14-15, 2007
Thursday, June 14
- 8:00 a.m. Registration is open at the University of Iceland, Oddi building
- 8:00 a.m. - 9:00 a.m. Poster Set-Up
Session I: 9:00 a.m. - 12:20 p.m.
- 9:00-9:10 Introduction
- 9:10-9:50 Flavie Luciani
E-cadherin expression regulates epidermal melanocyte development.
- 9:50-10:30 Veronique Delmas and Lionel Larue
Too much or too little b-catenin represses melanoblast proliferation.
- 10:30-11:00 Coffee break
- 11:00-11:40 Alexander Schepsky
Acetylation mediated switch in progression from stem cell to differentiation
- 11:40-12:20 Lionel Larue
Non-classical melanocytes located in the heart are involved in the closure of the ductus arteriosus
- 12:20 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Lunch
Session II: 9:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- 2:00-2:40 Takahiro Kunisada
Melanocyte transplantation experiments
- 2:40-3:20 Jean-Jacques Panthier
Premature melanocyte differentiation in notch/RBP-J mutants
- 3:20-4:00 Luisa Lanfrancone
RaLP, a new member of the Shc family, is expressed early during development in the mouse
- 4:00-4:30 Coffee break
- 4:30-5:10 Colin Goding
T-box factors in melanocytes and melanoma
- 5:10-5:50 Lars Rönnstrand
A role of hypoxia inducible factor 1a in stem cell factor/c-Kit induced gene expression
- 6:30 p.m. Dinner
Friday, June 15
Session III: 9:00 a.m. - 12:15 p.m.
- 9:00-9:40 Robert Kelsch
Pigment pattern formation in zebrafish embryos
- 9:40-10:20 Bill Pavan
A sensitzed mutagensis screen for neural crest mutations
- 10:20-10:50 Coffee break
- 10:50-11:30 Heinz Arnheiter
The role of Mitf isoforms during pigment cell development
- 11:30-12:10 Francesca Pignoni
Drosophila Mitf, a surprising case of evolutionary conservation?
- 12:10-12:50 Lluis Montoliu
Hearing loss in mice with oculocutaneous albinism type I
- 12:50 p.m. - 2:00 p.m. Lunch