Last updated: March 05, 2015
Ethical, Legal and Social Implications (ELSI) of Genetic Knowledge
Ethical, Legal and Social Implications (ELSI) of Genetic Knowledge includes a short multimedia video introducing current and future societal issues associated with genetics and genomics. Short vignettes, containing a set of discussion questions, are provided to raise important ethical, legal or social issues.
Additional Information: ELSI Vignettes and Discussion Material
Select a vignette topic from below for more information about an important ethical, legal or social issue.
- Guidance for ELSI Vignettes
- Nature vs. Nurture in the Criminal Justice System
- Duty to Warn
- Access by Law Enforcement
- Interpreting Risk: The Impact of Life Experiences
- Genetic Screening and Discrimination: Relevance of Historical Experience
- Genetic Discrimination: Inherited vs. Acquired Disease
- Genetic Determinism: Endurance Athletes
- Genetic Testing: Protecting Health or Denying Rights?
- One for the Other
- The Benefits of Research: Do We Share the Wealth?