Last updated: July 16, 2013
Background Materials for the NIH Undiagnosed Diseases Program
Background is available at the links below for the National Institutes of Health (NIH) announcement of the discovery of a rare genetic disease, the first disease discovered through the NIH Undiagnosed Diseases Program. The findings will be published in the Feb. 3, 2011 issue of the New England Journal of Medicine.
- Video Sound Bites: Interview with William Gahl, M.D., Ph.D.
- Video Sound Bites (B-Roll): UDP Patients'
- UDP Press Telebriefing, Feb. 1, 2011
- Spokespeople for the UDP Telebriefing
- Patient Biographies for the UDP Telebriefing
- Knee X-ray of a Patient with ACDC
- Undiagnosed Diseases Program Backgrounder
- Undiagnosed Diseases Program FAQ