Last updated: October 31, 2017
NHGRI/DIR Faculty Mentor Awardees
Mentoring is an essential part of the training process. NHGRI and the Division of Intramural Research recognizes outstanding faculty mentors with an annual mentorship award in recognition of outstanding achievements in the scientific training and mentoring of research fellows.
Select the mentor's name below to learn about their lab and research interests.
DIR Mentorship Award for 2017
- 2017: Susan Persky, Ph.D.
Past DIR Mentorship Awardees
- 2016: Dan Kastner, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2015: Ellen A. Sidransky, M.D.
- 2014: Andy Baxevanis, Ph.D.
- 2013: Laura L. Elnitski, Ph.D.
- 2013: Shawn Burgess, Ph.D.
- 2012: David Bodine, Ph.D.
- 2011: No award in 2011
- 2010: Joan Bailey-Wilson, Ph.D.
- 2009: William J. Pavan, Ph.D.
- 2008: Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2007: David Bodine, Ph.D.
- 2006: William A. Gahl, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2005: Barbara B. Biesecker, M.S.
- 2004: Pamela Schwartzberg, M.D., Ph.D.
- 2003: David Bodine, Ph.D.
- 2002: John Carpten, Ph.D. [tgen.org]
- 2001: William Pavan, Ph.D.
- 2000: Lawrence Brody, Ph.D.
- 1999: Leslie Biesecker, M.D.