NHGRI Dissemination and Implementation Research Interests
For applications responding to the Dissemination and Implementation FOAs, NHGRI is interested in studies investigating the following:
- Studies of the relationship of context and local capacity of clinical and community settings to adoption, implementation and sustainability of evidence-based genomic medicine practices.
- Prospective or retrospective studies of the adoption, implementation and sustainability of genomic medicine interventions.
- Studies of the dissemination and implementation of clinically and cost-effective strategies for incorporating genomic medicine and sequence-based diagnostics and therapeutics in clinical care.
- Studies testing the implementation and use of genomic information including family history risk information for improved diagnosis and treatment.
- Studies of systems interventions to impact organizational structure, climate, culture, and processes to enable dissemination and implementation of genomic information and effective genomic medicine interventions.
Please note that genomic medicine is defined as clinical care based on the use of genomic information.
Please refer to our 2011 strategic plan, Charting a course for genomic medicine from base pairs to bedside, for information about our research priorities.
Top of page
Posted: December 8, 2015