NHGRI's communications branch prepared the digital asset files in this collection for use by broadcast media to assist with the preparation of news stories. All government-produced video and audio clips are in the public domain and copyright free. Anyone is freely able to use these clips, but we ask that they be used appropriately.
The video clips were created by Genome Productions, a part of the Communications and Public Liaison Branch of the National Human Genome Research Institute. As a courtesy, it is requested that an appropriate acknowledgement be given: Courtesy: National Human Genome Research Institute.
B-roll video footage of ClinSeq, the Genetic Disease Research Branch Lab and the NIH Intramural Sequencing Center (NISC).
September 16, 2015: Video footage of William Gahl, M.D. interviewing UDN patients, Camilo Toro, M.D. reviewing CT scans, and more.
September 5, 2012: Video of interviews with members of the ENCODE Project.
July 27, 2011: High-definition video footage of Proteus syndrome, the Proteus Syndrome Telebriefing and an interview with Leslie G. Biesecker, M.D.
March 10, 2011: The Tox21 high-speed robot screening system, located at the NIH Chemical Genomics Center (NCGC) in Rockville, Md., will test 10,000 different chemicals for potential toxicity, merging existing agency resources (research, funding, and testing tools) to develop ways to more effectively predict how chemicals will affect human health and the environment.
February 3, 2011: A interview with Dr. Green on the Strategic Plan.
January 31, 2011: An interview with Paula Allen, 51, Brodhead, Ky., and Louise Benge, 56, Brodhead, Ky., providing a patient's perspective on the NIH Undiagnosed Diseases Program.
January 28, 2011: An interview with Dr. Gahl about the Undiagnosed Diseased Program.
May 7, 2010: Video clips that can be used to create a broadcast news story about the completion of the Neanderthal genome sequence.
February 14, 2008: A series of sound bites and video clips that can be used to create a broadcast news story about the collaboration by three government agencies to shift chemical toxicity testing from animal screening to a quantitative high throughput screening (qHTS) system.
February 2001: This dynamic 3d animation will take you "inside" for a close up look at Our Molecular Selves. Watch as the mysteries of the Human Genome are literally "unraveled".
- NHGRI Genome Sequencing Program Awards Telebriefing (MP3 - 10 MB) New
January 14, 2016 - more
- NIH Undiagnosed Diseases Network Telebriefing (MP3 - 11.1 MB)
July 1, 2014 - more
- Genomic Sequencing and Newborn Screening Telebriefing (MP3 - 11.1 MB)
September 4, 2013 - more
- HGP 10th Anniversary Telebriefing (MP3 - 9.5 MB)
April 12, 2013 - more
- H3Africa Telebriefing (MP3 - 4 MB)
October 8, 2012 - more
- Human Microbiome Project (HMP) Telebriefing (MP3 - 13 MB)
June 5-6, 2012 - more
- First Public Meeting on the Proposed Reorganization of the National Human Genome Research Institute (MP3 - 13 MB)
January 18, 2012 - more
- The Large-Scale Genome Sequencing Program Funding Announcement Telebriefing (MP3 - 13 MB)
December 6, 2011 - more
- NIH launches the NIH K-12 Lab Challenge (MP3 - 2.5 MB)
September 2011 - more
- Proteus Syndrome Telebriefing (MP3 - 8.5 MB)
July 27, 2011 - more
- Undiagnosed Diseases Program Telebriefing (MP3 - 34 MB)
February 1, 2011 - more
- 1000 Genomes Project Telebriefing (MP3 - 37MB)
October 26, 2010 - more
- Therapeutics for Rare and Neglected Diseases Telebriefing (MP3 - 13MB)
May 20, 2009 - more
- International Human Microbiome Consortium Telebriefing (MP3 - 8MB)
October 16, 2008 - more
- NIH Undiagnosed Diseases Program Patient Advocacy Group Telebriefing (MP3 - 20MB)
May 19, 2008 - more
- NIH Undiagnosed Diseases Program Press Conference (MP3 - 11MB)
May 19, 2008 - more
- Press Conference for Toxicity Testing (MP3 - 14MB)
February 14, 2008 - more
- First Major Results from The ENCODE Project Teleconference (MP3 - 42MB)
June 13, 2007 - more
Last Updated: January 28, 2016