NHGRI's communications branch prepared the digital asset files in this collection for use by broadcast media to assist with the preparation of news stories. All government-produced video and audio clips are in the public domain and copyright free. Anyone is freely able to use these clips, but we ask that they be used appropriately.
The video clips were created by Genome Productions, a part of the Communications and Public Liaison Branch of the National Human Genome Research Institute. As a courtesy, it is requested that an appropriate acknowledgement be given: Courtesy: National Human Genome Research Institute.
- Laboratory B-Roll from NHGRI
B-roll video footage of ClinSeq, the Genetic Disease Research Branch Lab and the NIH Intramural Sequencing Center (NISC).
- Undiagnosed Diseases Network (UDN) B-Roll Video Footage
September 16, 2015: Video footage of William Gahl, M.D. interviewing UDN patients, Camilo Toro, M.D. reviewing CT scans, and more.
- ENCODE Project B-Roll Video Footage
September 5, 2012: Video of interviews with members of the ENCODE Project.
- Proteus Syndrome: B-Roll Video Footage and Video Sound Bites
July 27, 2011: High-definition video footage of Proteus syndrome, the Proteus Syndrome Telebriefing and an interview with Leslie G. Biesecker, M.D.
- Tox21 Collaboration: Robot B-Roll
March 10, 2011: The Tox21 high-speed robot screening system tests 10,000 different chemicals for potential toxicity, merging existing agency resources (research, funding, and testing tools) to develop ways to more effectively predict how chemicals will affect human health and the environment.
- Interview with Eric D. Green, M.D., Ph.D.
February 3, 2011: A interview with Dr. Green on the Strategic Plan.
- Interview with UDP Patients
January 31, 2011: An interview with Paula Allen, 51, Brodhead, Ky., and Louise Benge, 56, Brodhead, Ky., providing a patient's perspective on the NIH Undiagnosed Diseases Program.
- Interview with William A. Gahl, M.D., Ph.D.
January 28, 2011: An interview with Dr. Gahl about the Undiagnosed Diseased Program.
- Complete Neanderthal Genome Sequenced
May 7, 2010: Video clips that can be used to create a broadcast news story about the completion of the Neanderthal genome sequence.
- NIH/EPA Safety Testing of Chemicals: Sound Bites and Videos
February 14, 2008: A series of sound bites and video clips that can be used to create a broadcast news story about the collaboration by three government agencies to shift chemical toxicity testing from animal screening to a quantitative high throughput screening (qHTS) system.
- Human Genome Animation
February 2001: This dynamic 3d animation will take you "inside" for a close up look at Our Molecular Selves. Watch as the mysteries of the Human Genome are literally "unraveled".
- NHGRI Genome Sequencing Program Awards Telebriefing (MP3 - 10 MB) New
January 14, 2016 - more
- NIH Undiagnosed Diseases Network Telebriefing (MP3 - 11.1 MB)
July 1, 2014 - more
- Genomic Sequencing and Newborn Screening Telebriefing (MP3 - 11.1 MB)
September 4, 2013 - more
- HGP 10th Anniversary Telebriefing (MP3 - 9.5 MB)
April 12, 2013 - more
- H3Africa Telebriefing (MP3 - 4 MB)
October 8, 2012 - more
- Human Microbiome Project (HMP) Telebriefing (MP3 - 13 MB)
June 5-6, 2012 - more
- First Public Meeting on the Proposed Reorganization of the National Human Genome Research Institute (MP3 - 13 MB)
January 18, 2012 - more
- The Large-Scale Genome Sequencing Program Funding Announcement Telebriefing (MP3 - 13 MB)
December 6, 2011 - more
- NIH launches the NIH K-12 Lab Challenge (MP3 - 2.5 MB)
September 2011 - more
- Proteus Syndrome Telebriefing (MP3 - 8.5 MB)
July 27, 2011 - more
- Undiagnosed Diseases Program Telebriefing (MP3 - 34 MB)
February 1, 2011 - more
- 1000 Genomes Project Telebriefing (MP3 - 37MB)
October 26, 2010 - more
- Therapeutics for Rare and Neglected Diseases Telebriefing (MP3 - 13MB)
May 20, 2009 - more
- International Human Microbiome Consortium Telebriefing (MP3 - 8MB)
October 16, 2008 - more
- NIH Undiagnosed Diseases Program Patient Advocacy Group Telebriefing (MP3 - 20MB)
May 19, 2008 - more
- NIH Undiagnosed Diseases Program Press Conference (MP3 - 11MB)
May 19, 2008 - more
- Press Conference for Toxicity Testing (MP3 - 14MB)
February 14, 2008 - more
- First Major Results from The ENCODE Project Teleconference (MP3 - 42MB)
June 13, 2007 - more
Top of page
Last Updated: January 28, 2016