NHGRI Genomic Medicine Working Group
The NHGRI Genomic Medicine Working Group is a subcommittee of the National Advisory Council for Human Genome Research. The working group arose from genomic medicine implementation efforts outlined by the 2011 NHGRI Strategic Plan and was initially led by the Disease-Oriented Genomic Medicine Group. The group has organized a series of meetings gathering genomics researchers, clinicians, and other experts from over 40 different institutions, which are involved with the implementation of genomic medicine programs, to discuss issues surrounding the adoption of genomic medicine and form multicenter collaborative pilot projects in translational genomic medicine. Subgroups around common genomic medicine implementation areas were formed to develop plans for pilot projects, demonstrating the cost-effectiveness and utility of such implementation projects.
In addition to planning the genomic medicine meetings, the working group provides guidance to NHGRI in other areas of genomic medicine implementation, such as outlining infrastructural needs for adoption of genomic medicine, identifying related efforts for future collaborations, and reviewing progress overall in genomic medicine implementation.
Working Group Members
Carol Bult (Jackson Labs)
Rex Chisholm (Northwestern) (former NACHGR member)
Geoff Ginsburg (Duke) (former NACHGR member)
Howard Jacob (HudsonAlpha)
Howard McLeod (Moffitt Cancer Center)
Mary Relling (St. Jude's)
Dan Roden (Vanderbilt)
Marc Williams (Geisinger)
Eric Green (NHGRI)
Teri Manolio (NHGRI)
Laura Lyman Rodriguez (NHGRI)
Links to Meeting Minutes and Slides
- Genomic Medicine IX: Bedside to Bench - Mind the Gaps
April 19-20, 2016, Silver Spring, Md.
- Genomic Medicine VIII: NHGRI's Genomic Medicine Portfolio
June 8-9, 2015, Rockville, Md.
- Genomic Medicine VII: Genomic Clinical Decision Support - Developing Solutions for Clinical and Research Implementation
October 2-3, 2014, North Bethesda, Md.
- Genomic Medicine VI: Global Leaders in Genomic Medicine
January 8-9, 2014, Washington, D.C.
- Genomic Medicine V: Working with Federal Stakeholders
May 28-29, 2013, Bethesda, Md.
- Genomic Medicine IV: Physician Education in Genomics
January 28-29, 2013, Dallas, Texas
- Genomic Medicine III: Working with Implementation Stakeholders
May 3-4, 2012, Chicago, Ill.
- Genomic Medicine II
December 5-6, 2011, Bethesda, Md.
- Genomic Medicine Symposium
June 29, 2011, Chicago, Ill.
About Genomic Medicine
- What is Genomic Medicine?
A fact sheet about Genomic Medicine at NHGRI
Last Updated: June 17, 2016