See Also: NHGRI Calendar of Events
Division of Intramural Research (DIR) Calendar
A listing of workshops, conferences and meetings from researchers at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and NHGRI.
- Current Topics in Genome Analysis 2016
February 17 - May 25, 2016
- 2016 Jeffrey M. Trent Lecture in Cancer Research New
May 4, 2016
- Genomics and Health Disparities Lecture Series
Through June 29, 2016
- Division of Intramural Research (DIR) 2015 - 2016 Genome Seminar Series
Through June 30, 2016
- Social and Behavioral Research Branch (SBRB) Seminar Series
March 28, 2016
- Past Current Topics in Genome Analysis
- Past Jeffrey M. Trent Lectures in Cancer Research
- Translating Genomics Through a Social and Behavioral Lens
January 13, 2014
Social and Behavioral Research Branch 10th Anniverary Celebration
- Darwin @ 200: Evolution, Genomics, Medicine
February 12, 2009
A symposium that celebrated the 200th anniversary of the birth of Charles Darwin
- The 2008 G. Burroughs Mider Lecture
October 22, 2008
Elaine Ostrander, Ph.D., chief of NHGRI's Scientific Director Jeff Trent, Ph.D. presented a lecture describing how gene mapping and population genetics have led to recent discoveries about dog morphology.
- NIH Intramural Sequencing Center (NISC) 10th Anniversary Symposium
October 16, 2007
To commemorate NISC's 10th anniversary, the National Human Genome Research Institute (NHGRI) held a one-day symposium in the Masur Auditorium of the Clinical Center, on the Bethesda, Maryland campus.
- 2007 Pigment Cell Development Workshop
June 14-15, 2007
The International Federation of Pigment Cell Societies Development Group hosted a small meeting in the field of pigment cell development with particular emphasis on research in differentiation, gene expression and embryology. This conference explored these themes by gathering experts in a broad range of fields spanning basic transcriptional mechanisms through the clinical impact of pigment cell research. Special attention was given to available resources and technologies for pigment cell research.
- 2004 Pigment Cell Development Workshop
April 28-30, 2004
A meeting designed to coalesce the remarkable recent progress in the field of pigment cell development with research aimed at gaining new insights into differentiation, gene expression and embryology. This conference explored these themes by gathering experts in a broad range of fields spanning basic transcriptional mechanisms through the clinical impact of pigment cell research.
- Third NIH Conference on Holoprosencephaly (HPE)
April 18-20, 2004
The conference focused on normal and abnormal, early embryonic midline development and laterality. Topics in individual sessions included new findings on HPE, oral/facial clefting, laterality defects with emphasis on congenital heart defects, psychosocial research on HPE families and HPE in diverse populations.
- Chemistry and Biology: Partners in Decoding the Genome
March 15-16, 2004
A symposium that highlighting for the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and the larger biomedical research community the unique and exciting scientific insights resulting from the application of modern chemical approaches to the study of important problems in biology and genomics.
- The 2002 G. Burroughs Mider Lecture
October 9, 2002
Part of the NIH Wednesday Afternoon Lecture Series (WALS), former NHGRI Scientific Director Jeff Trent, Ph.D. presented a lecture Genetics, Genomics, and Biology of Malignant Melanoma. The focus was on family-based analysis of melanoma susceptibility, through through cytogenetic and molecular biologic investigation of melanoma progression.
- The 2002 Joseph Leiter Lectureship
July 15, 2002
A lecture titled Genomics, Medicine, and Society presented by former NHGRI Director Francis S. Collins, M.D., Ph.D.
- Second NIH Conference on Holoprosencephaly (HPE)
April 8-9, 2002
The conference provided families dealing with HPE opportunities for interaction among themselves and with specialists in the genetics and management of problems associated with HPE.
- First NIH Conference on Holoprosencephaly (HPE)
April 3-6, 2001
The conference focused on the scientific advances in the understanding of holoprosencephaly (HPE).
- Insights from the DNA Sequence of the Human Genome
February 12, 2001
A five-part lecture series with a three-hour kick-off symposium with a look into the human genome sequence.
- Second National Conference on Smith-Magenis Syndrome
September 21-24, 2000
A conference on Smith-Magenis Syndrom (SMS) that brought together parents, researchers and professionals caring for persons with SMS to exchange information, ideas, scientific data and family experiences. Attendees heard from medical experts, geneticists,and parents about the latest information on the medical, social, developmental and behavioral aspects of SMS, as well as current research efforts into the cause, management and effective treatment of SMS.
- NHGRI First Annual Consumer Day
November 12, 1999
A program designed to answer frequently asked questions about policy, research and medical issues.
Last Updated: April 18, 2016