Community Genetics Forum
Each year, ECIB selects a different region of the country to host the forum. In May 2005, the University of Washington was selected to host the first forum, representing the Northwest region of the United States. In 2006, ECIB selected the Southeast region of the country to host the forum (Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) regions IV and VI). The University of North Carolina was selected.
For the 2007 forum, ECIB selected the Midwest region of the country as host (DHHS regions V and VII [hhs.gov]). The University of Michigan was selected to host the 3rd annual Community Genetics Forum. Five concurrent Forums were held across the Midwest region, in Michigan, Minnesota, Iowa, Missouri, and Illinois. The five Forums were held on the same day and were connected to each other via video conferencing. For more information, please visit www.genocommunity.org
Community Genetics Forum 2010
Community Faces: A genetics and Health Forum Project was held in Salt Lake City, Utah 2009-1010.
- Final Report: Community Faces: A Genetics and Health Forum Project, Salt Lake City, Utah, 2009-2010
- Video: Community Faces: A Genetics and Health Forum Project
Past Community Genetics Forum Reports
Community Genetics Forum 2007
- Final Report from the University of Michigan on GenoCommunity
- Final Report: Educational Module Survey
Community Genetics Forum 2006
- 2006 Community Genetics Forum Full Report
- 2006 Community Genetics Forum Full Report: Appendices
- 2006 Community Genetics Forum: Addendum
Community Genetics Forum 2005
For questions, please contact:
Carla Easter, Ph.D.
Science Education Specialist
Phone: (301) 594-1364
Last Reviewed: February 18, 2012