Division of Genomic Medicine
Genomic Medicine Activities
As detailed in its 2011 Strategic Plan, NHGRI has been pursuing a number of activities in genomic medicine implementation. Links to NHGRI's current initiatives are listed below:
Notable Accomplishments in Genomic Medicine
A list of significant advances in the realm of genomic medicinefor 2011-2012, compiled by the NHGRI Genomic Medicine Working Group. The list is updated every month.
Genomic Medicine Meetings
NHGRI held a series of Genomic Medicine meetings gathering genomics researchers, clinicians, and other experts from over U.S. institutions involved with the implementation of genomic medicine programs. The goal of these meetings includes identifying research gaps and opportunities; sharing approaches to genomic medicine implementation, and facilitating development of an active research community and possible collaborative projects.
- Genomic Medicine IX: Bedside to Bench - Mind the Gaps New
April 19-20, 2016, Silver Spring, Md.
- Genomic Medicine VIII: NHGRI's Genomic Medicine Portfolio
June 8-9, 2015, Rockville, Md.
- Genomic Medicine VII: Genomic Clinical Decision Support - Developing Solutions for Clinical and Research Implementation
October 2-3, 2014, North Bethesda, Md.
- Genomic Medicine VI: Global Leaders in Genomic Medicine
January 8-9, 2014, Washington, D.C.
- Genomic Medicine V: Working with Federal Stakeholders
May 28-29, 2013, Bethesda, Md.
- Genomic Medicine IV: Physician Education in Genomics
January 28-29, 2013, Dallas, Texas
- Genomic Medicine III: Working with Implementation Stakeholders
May 3-4, 2012, Chicago, Ill.
- Genomic Medicine II
December 5-6, 2011, Bethesda, Md.
- Genomic Medicine Symposium
June 29, 2011, Chicago, Ill.
Relevant Funding Announcements in Genomic Medicine
NOT-MH-13-009: [grants.nih.gov] Notice of Intent to Publish a Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) for Dissemination and Implementation Research in Health (R01)
NHGRI Genomic Medicine Working Group
The NHGRI Genomic Medicine Working Group is a subcommittee of the National Advisory Council for Human Genome Research providing guidance to NHGRI on genomic medicine implementation.
Last Updated: March 11, 2016